- PUBLIC HEARING: Following a public hearing on various budget amendments approved the amendments. Unanimous.
- RIGHT OF WAY: Following an executive session to discuss real estate acquisition authorized the county engineer to make offers to procure right of way property in Kellogg Hollow. Also approved right of way permit on Chandler Road. Unanimous for both.
- GRANDSTANDS: Discussed plans for replacing the east grandstand at the fairgrounds. Estimated cost of the project, including removal of the present grandstand, would be between $250,000 to $300,000, county engineer Drew Wood told commissioners.
- PROSECUTOR: Discussed Greater Columbia Behavioral Health Regional Support Network's request for an attorney general opinion on the ability of the RSN to contract with non-licensed service providers. The RSN pays the county as provider of services, and the county transfers the money to Blue Mountain Counseling, without holding back any administrative fees. Columbia County is not a licensed service provider. Prosecutor Rea Culwell said she will not make a request because she believes the Revised Code of Washington allows the county to receive the funds.
- PUBLIC HEALTH: Met with Public Health employees. Learned the department's participation in Dayton's National Night Out was a success, with over 300 bags of toothbrushes being distributed. Learned the Women Infants and Children nutrition program has been over caseload this year, with an average of 119 clients. The county is funded for 115 clients. In July there were 124 clients.
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT: Accepted a $57,002 Emergency Management Performance grant contract. Unanimous.
- DISPATCH: Emergency Management Services Director Bill Peters told commissioners that occasionally a caller to 911 will request an ambulance from another area. Peters said callers will be told they need to contact the agency directly if they want services outside agency boundaries.
- SUSTAINABLE LIVING: Passed resolution in support of the Sustainable Living Center Round-up Program grants. Unanimous.
- ALLOCATIONS: Passed resolution approving list of projects for distribution of Title II and Title III funds. Unanimous.