- SPORTS WAIVER: By a vote of 3-2 turned down a proposal to apply for a 2B classification, with football to remain at 8-man B status. The vote means all sports participation will remain at the class B level. Schaeffer and Bradley voted yes, and Goble, McCubbins and Thompson voted no.
- PERSONNEL: Approved the hiring of Tex Pruitt as counselor, and Shauna Fletcher, English Teacher. Also approved contracts for fall sports with Wayne Dickey and Tim McKeown, middle school football, Gary Dorman, high school football, and Guy Gregg and Leland Weber, high school football assistants. Unanimous for all.
- REPORTS: Learned the first day of school is Sept. 6, and enrollment is anticipated to be up from last year. Teacher workdays are Aug. 29 and 30.
- BUDGET: Learned the budget is on track. The ending fund balance was 4.6 percent of the budget, or $138,962.
- CONFERENCE: Discussed Washington State School Directors Association Conference, which is Nov. 17-20 in Bellevue. Superintendent Sue Bell said she is encouraging all board members to attend.
- POLICY: Approved policy revision related to procurement cards. Unanimous.
- MEETINGS: Set regular board meeting dates for 2011-2012. Most meetings will be on the third Thursday each month, with exceptions in November and December. Unanimous.