Members of the council are Eric Pickard, LaVerne Mitchell, John Shafer, Deborah Hayward and Carol Speed. Mayor is Charles Vickery. With all present Thursday:
- REZONING: Upon recommendation of the planning commission, approved rezoning Judy Weidert's property from light industrial to residential. Unanimous.
- WATER: Heard explanation of permitting process presented by Marc Norton of the Oregon Water Resources Department. The city is exploring options for digging a new well.
- APPOINTMENTS: Learned Vickery reappointed Lloyd Shank and appointed Dyann Swanson to the planning commission.
- ORDINANCE: Distributed copy of preservation ordinance from Weston to council members for review. It will be discussed at the January council meeting.
- BANK ACCOUNTS: Passed resolution to add assistant recorder to city bank accounts. Unanimous.
- SEWER BOND: Passed resolution for sewer revenue bond to pay for improvements to the wastewater system. Unanimous.
- FIRE DEPARTMENT: Approved reelection of John Reitz as fire chief for a two-year term, and Jerrod Steele as assistant chief. Unanimous.
- NEGOTIATIONS: Learned the city and employees union will begin negotiations in January for a new contract.