Pomeroy School District Board members are Paul Ruark, Lori Slaybaugh, Steve Carlson, Bart Gingerich and Ed Sullivan. With all present Monday the board:
- NEW MEMBER: Newly elected board member Lori Flynn, was sworn in. She replaces Steve Carlson, who did not run for reelection.
- CONTRACTS: Approved $2,500 contract for Rural Alliance College Access Challenge Grant program. Also approved $5,000 teacher-principal evaluation project regional improvement grant. Unanimous for both.
- FOUNDATION: Learned the district was awarded $24,700 by the Howard and Helen Shepherd Foundation.
- MODERNIZATION: Reviewed color combinations that will be used in the remodeled Junior-Senior High School. Learned there will be a community tour Tuesday Dec. 20 at 5 p.m. Those with special needs can contact Superintendent Kim Spacek to receive assistance in attending the tour.
- LEVY: Discussed levy amount. Will pass a resolution at the Dec. 27 meeting to place the levy on the Feb. 14 ballot.
- BULLYING: Learned letter was received from Canfield amp; Associates thanking Fred Knebel and Doug LaMunyon for their help in organizing a bullying workshop for students.
- POLICIES: Reviewed board policies related to legal status, operations, powers and duties; orientation of policies and procedures for new board members; organizational meeting in Dec.; duties of individual members, executive and closed sessions, audience participation and visitors; and conflicts of interest.
- PERSONNEL: Accepted the resignation of softball assistant coach Dan Lewis. Unanimous.
- CLOSED SESSION: Met in a brief executive session to discuss personnel.