Trial dates set for men nabbed after Walla Walla standoff

Joseph D. Dejesus and Skyler Glasby face a variety of charges unrelated to a standoff that started Nov. 29.


WALLA WALLA -- Two men involved in a standoff at the end of November were arraigned Monday in Walla Walla Superior Court.

Joseph D. Dejesus, 20, whose last known address was 373 S. Second Ave., pleaded innocent to seven counts of first-degree assault and one count each of drive-by shooting and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm, all of which are felonies. In a separate case, Dejesus also entered an innocent plea to felony riot.

The second man, Skyler I. Glasby, 23, of 1116 S. Third St., Dayton, pleaded innocent to three counts of forgery, which are felonies, and one count of third-degree theft, a gross misdemeanor.

Walla Walla Superior Court Judge John Lorhmann accepted the innocent pleas and scheduled trials for both men on Jan. 24. Both men remained held in Walla Walla County Jail today.

The assault charges against Dejesus, who police say is a known gang member, stemmed from a Oct. 8 shooting incident in Walla Walla. Officials said that during a confrontation with seven rival gang members, Dejesus allegedly fired three or four shots from a small-caliber handgun, striking one man in the leg.

The following day a .22 caliber handgun was found in Milton-Freewater in a different car that had been occupied by Dejesus, according to police reports.

The felony riot charge against Dejesus stems from his alleged participation in a drive-by shooting at Howard and Tietan streets last summer.

In Glasby's case, police allege he used fake $20 bills to make purchases at several businesses in Walla Walla in November. Police said Glasby is also a known gang member.

Dejesus and Glasby were arrested Nov. 30 after a 21-hour standoff with police at a mobile home in the 1800 block of Plaza Way.

The standoff began the afternoon of Nov. 29 when Walla Walla police attempted to arrest the men and they retreated into the mobile home. The standoff ended peacefully when both surrendered to police the next day.

Andy Porter can be reached at or 526-8318.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

Click here to sign in