Members of the Dixie School Board are Javin Berg, Debra Tiner, Richard Berrier, Kelly Dabulskis and Gene Wilks. With Tiner absent Monday the board:
- NEW MEMBER: Swore in newly elected board member Judy Skillings.
- LEVY: Passed resolution to place renewal 2-year maintenance and operation levy on the Feb. 14 ballot. The $230,730 to be collected each year represents a 3.85 percent increase over the $221,000 levy passed in 2010, but the estimated cost per $1,000 assessed valuation is less, going from $3.55 for the levy collected in 2011 and 2012 to $3.48 per $1,000 assessed valuation to be collected in 2013 and 2014. Unanimous.
- REPORTS: Superintendent Mark Wegner reminded board members the Christmas program is at 7 p.m. Thursday. He also told the board about what he called an "IRS dilemma" regarding use of two different numbers for the district's W-3 form.
- FINANCES: Learned the general fund balance is $176,431 and the transportation fund balance is $45,814. Enrollment is steady with 25 students and 7 in preschool.
- RETIREMENT: Tabled considering employee retirement until more information is available.
- POLICIES: Tabled revisions policies and procedures related to staff tuition reimbursement, and to pediculosis "no nit." Approved revisions to policies and procedures related to board member resignation and vacancy, student immunizations and life-threatening health conditions, public information program, cooperative programs with other districts, schools, agencies, sexual harassment, and emergency and discretionary leave. Unanimous for all.
- WAIVER: Discussed waiver from 180-day requirement, with a possible 4-day school week. The board will continue discussion on the concept.
- PAY: After an executive session to discuss personnel matters, voted to pay a person for hours worked over and above the employee's contract for the summer of this year. Unanimous.