Members of the Waitsburg School Board are Ross Hamann, Marilyn Johnson, Christy House, Randy Pearson and Greg Zuger. With all present Wednesday the board:
- LEVY: Passed a resolution to seek a 2-year replacement levy Feb. 14. The levy measure will ask for $435,000 to be collected in 2013, at a tax rate of $3.62 per $1,000 assessed valuation, and $447,000 to be collected in 2014 at a rate of $3.72 per $1,000 assessed valuation. Unanimous.
- PERSONNEL: Accepted the resignation of sixth grade teacher Russ Knopp, effective at the end of the school year. Knopp has been an educator for 38 years, with the last 17 in Waitsburg.
- ORGANIZATION: Swore in recently elected board member Christy House. Re-elected Ross Hamann as board chairman and Greg Zuger as vice chairman. Unanimous.
- CERTIFICATE: Presented Zuger with a certificate from the Washington State School Director's Association for serving 20 years as an elected school board member.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned enrollment remains the same as November, with 310 full time equivalent students. The budget is based on 305.5 FTE.
- BUDGET: Learned the district maintains a strong reserve, but it is being used because expenditures are exceeding revenues, Superintendent Carol Clarke said.
- POLICY: Held first reading of policy related to alternative learning experience, or on-line learning, program.
- CLOSURE: Approved closure of district office from Dec. 19 to Jan. 2. Unanimous.