Members of the council are Bill Boyd, Lynn Delph, and Juan Avila. One seat is vacant. Mayor is Duane Thul. With all present Wednesday the council:
- VACANCY: Appointed Julie Schuld to fill the council seat left vacant by the resignation of Dennis Snider in September. Schuld was one of five applicants. Other applicants were Dawn Ady, Dickie Jackson, Peggy Reichert, and Rick Stephens. Unanimous.
- PARC: After learning that a partnership with the Friends of the Weston Library would allow the city to apply for more grants for repairs to City Hall, decided to consider that recommendation by the Public Affairs Research Consultants.
- PLANNING: Delph will pursue formation of a planning committee to study refurbishing the city park kitchen. She will begin by contacting the health department to find out what regulations need to be considered in an upgrade.
- ORDINANCES: Decided to make revised ordinances available for public review in City Hall and the library. The revised ordinances are now complete after a year of work.
- PIO: Tabled discussion of public information officer position until more information is available.
- PRESENTATION: Weston Middle School students gave a demonstration of the iPads the school purchased with a $1,000 grant. Students making the presentations were Anthony White, Morgan White and Keith Udy.