- OATH OF OFFICE: Administered oath of office to newly-elected board member Jody K. Kromm.
- ORGANIZATION: Elected Schaeffer as 2012 board chair and Thompson as vice chair.
- FACILITIES: Discussed facility needs and levy and bond options for Feb. 2013. The board will hold a study session Jan. 12 to provide input on the district's plan to formally recognize by resolution, and begin a capital facilities improvement plan. The meeting is from 6 to 7 p.m.
- BUDGETS: Learned enrollment is holding steady, with three students enrolling since Dec. 1. The budget status and cash flow are on track.
- BOOK SHARE: Board members will read "The Secrets of School Board Success," assigned by superintendent Sue Bell.
- CLICKERS: Heard report on "Clickers" technology by teacher Donnetta Elsasser. She uses the device every day in the classroom, she told board members. Students can record answers to questions in the device, and it can be used to do surveys, and can be used for multiple tasks.
- EQUESTRIAN TEAM: Approved proposal from the Washington High School Equestrian Team to use the Touchet School District name for a local team. There would be no cost to the district. This was tabled at the November board meeting. Unanimous.
- MEETING DATES: Reviewed regular board meeting dates through June, 2012. The board meets the fourth Thursday of each month, with exceptions in November and December.