Members of the City Council are Christine Broughton, Kathy Berg, Merle Jackson, Terry Herrin, Charlie Button, Jim Cooper and Bill Graham. Mayor is Craig George. With George, Herrin and Graham absent Monday the council:
- MEASURE 1183: Carlos Oribio, treasurer of Students Helping Each Other, provided council with statistics on teenage alcohol use, and gave a brief summary of the potentials effects of Measure 1183, which privatizes sale of hard liquor. Oribio asked the council to consider implementing local regulations that would limit youth access to liquor. The matter was referred to the public safety committee.
- SERVICES: Approved renewal of services agreement with Columbia County for building inspection services. Also renewed agreement with the county for municipal court services for $94,103 for 2012, which is a 10 per cent increase requested by the county. Unanimous for both.
- AGREEMENTS: Approved fuel tax agreement with the Transportation Improvement Board, and an amendment to the state purchasing agreement. Unanimous for both.
- RESOLUTIONS: Passed resolutions authorizing capital improvement plans and interfund transfers to equipment replacement and repair fund. Unanimous.
- LIQUOR LICENSES: Took no action, meaning there were no objections to a special occasion liquor license application for Touchet Valley Arts Council, and renewal licenses for the Sand Trap, Skye Book amp; Brew, The Experimental Fermentation Co., the Weinhard Caf?copy; and Abacus Wine.
- AUTHORIZATION: Authorized the city clerk treasurer and deputy city clerk as Bank of America credit services account contacts. Unanimous.