Members of the Columbia County Health System board of directors are Ted Paterson, Lisa Naylor, Jack Otterson, Jim Kime and Blaine Bickelhaupt. With Kime and Naylor absent Tuesday, the board:
- FINANCES: Learned the district ended with a gain of $6,007 for the month. Approved warrants, write-offs and collections. Unanimous.
- EMERGENCY ROOM: Learned the district is waiting for approval from the state for the emergency room project. The plan for the project was submitted last week.
- STATE BUDGET: Discussed the issue of the governor's proposal to eliminate cost-based reimbursement for Critical Access Hospitals from the state budget. The matter is with the legislative Ways and Means Committee, and nothing is likely to happen until January, district CEO Charlie Button said.
- ADVISORY GROUP: Learned Button has been invited to serve on a state level advisory group regarding Critical Access Hospitals. The group will develop answers to questions about volumes, quality, efficiency and effectiveness. The group will be framing reference for Critical Access Hospitals and the future of health care in Rural Washington, Button said.
- ORGANIZATION: Swore in newly elected board member Colleen Sproul. Elected Ted Paterson as board chairman for 2012, and relected Jim Kime as vice chairman and Lisa Naylor as secretary. Unanimous for all.