Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With Jones absent Monday:
- CLOSED SESSIONS: Met in executive session for contract negotiations and for union negotiations. No action followed either session.
- BID: Opened bid for 2010 or newer skid steer loader for transfer station. The bid was referred to the county engineer for review.
- RIGHT OF WAY ACCESS: Unanimously granted requests for the following right of way access and use permits: Port of Columbia, access permit on Wagon Road; Tom Archer, use permit for water line at 374 Shea Road; Tour of Walla Walla, use permit on various roads for bicycle race; Puget Sound Energy, use permit for improvements to Oliphant Road.
- SURPLUS: Passed resolution designating various county properties as surplus. Unanimous.
- PERSONNEL: Approved revision to Operator IV job description and revision to the public works organizational chart. Unanimous.
- EXTENSION: Heard report on 4-H Coordinator position and discussed cooperative 2010 and 2011 budgets with extension agent Paul Carter.
- COURTHOUSE: Discussed flag and security lights, concrete walkway, courthouse re-key, and surplus items with courthouse maintenance supervisor Seth Teeters.
- AGREEMENT: Approved developmentally disabled administrative services agreement with Blue Mountain Counseling. Unanimous.
- DISPATCH: Amended personnel policy for holiday pay for county employees. Unanimous.