Members of the Columbia County Health System board of directors are Ted Paterson, Lisa Naylor, Jack Otterson, Jim Kime and Blaine Bickelhaupt. With Otterson absent Thursday the board:
- FINANCES: Learned the district ended January with a $29,780 gain. Approved warrants, write-offs and collections. Unanimous.
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE: Learned the revenue cycle has decreased to 113 days behind from 121 days last month. The delay in billing is due to the disruption in converting to a new computer system.
- AUDITS: Learned recent state two-year compliance audit showed no findings, although there were some management comments. Also learned the CPA financial audit will begin next week.
- QUALITY AND INFECTION CONTROL: Heard report by department manager Sonya Glaus. She said a new quality improvement plan is in draft form. She also said a new infection control plan is being developed with the infection control committee.
- STAFFING: Learned an open house was held for Dr. Andrew Park Feb. 15, and that occupational therapist Abby Schraeder began work this month. Also learned physical therapist Korey Zbaraschuk is leaving to go to Alaska.
- EMERGENCY ROOM: Discussed planned remodeling and expansion project. Funds are being sought to supplement the loan from Columbia Rural Electric Association.
- CREDENTIALING: Learned physicians assistant Alina Niculaescu is now credentialed for allied health.
- BOARD POSITIONS: Learned positions held by Blaine Bickelhaupt and Jack Otterson will be up for election this year. Both positions are six-year terms.