When: Monday 7 p.m.
Where: 8 S.W. Eighth Ave., Public Library Albee Room.
- Community Development Grant: Authorize agreement with Oregon Housing and Community Services to receive grant of $18,1970.
- South Hill Development: Authorize amendment to development with Key Family LLC.ool board are Erik Young, Sara Fletcher, Pam Stueckle, Eva Madrigal and Karen Tonne. With Stueckle and Young absent Thursday the board:
- CLOSED SESSION: Met in executive session at 6:15 p.m. to discuss real property. Later in the meeting the board voted to declare a district-owned house at 114 F Street as surplus property and seek the help of a real estate broker in marketing the house. Unanimous. The district owns housing for employees, but this house is not occupied, and after reviewing an appraisal, board members decided to sell it, Superintendent Bill Jordan said.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned February enrollment is 219 full-time equivalent students. The budget is based on 211 full-time equivalent students.
- WP COMBINE: Noted that the WP girls and boys basketball teams are at the regional tournament at University High School in Spokane this weekend. If they are successful, they will return to Spokane next weekend for the state tournament at the Spokane Arena.
- BUDGET STATUS: Discussed state of cash flow. While the district is on track with the budget, payroll and accounts payable are pretty close to absorbing the entire fund balance, Jordan said. "The concern has been that the OSPI is taking back $40,000 out of the current budget, which would have helped keep us in a good cash flow position." The money the state is reclaiming includes about 50 percent of full-day kindergarten support and money for local effort assistance program.
- LEGISLATURE: Learned Jordan will attend a school director's legislature conference Sunday and Monday in Olympia. He will talk with local representatives about the impact the state's budget situation will have on local school operations. School officials need to know what to expect for funding because they must start budget planning and staffing for 2011-2012, Jordan said.
- DATES: Set housing inspection date for April 28 at 6 p.m., staff appreciation breakfast for June 6.
- HOMELESS: Designated Superintendent Bill Jordan as homeless liaison. Unanimous.
- COACHES: Approved spring sports coaching positions. Unanimous.
- CARRYOVERS: Approved about $15,000 in grant revisions and carryovers. Unanimous.