- COMMUNITY CLASSES: Fritze reported several classes are set up. Classes scheduled are Compost 101 Jan. 13; Memoir Writing, Jan. 20 to Feb. 17; International Student Exchange, Feb. 24; Microsoft Office Basic, Jan. 22 to Feb. 26. To sign up, call the school district office, 382-2543.
- LEVY: Learned the levy committee is meeting.
- WORKSHOPS: Learned two board members are attending a workshop in Clarkston today, and three will attend a regional workshop in Pasco Jan. 13.
- STATE BUDGET CUT: Superintendent Doug Johnson said there are many topics in the news regarding state budget cuts, but he is waiting for solid information before considering any action on the district's budget.
- GOALS: Reviewed district goal to establish a 5 percent operating reserve fund. The plan needs to be more action-specific, board members agreed.
- POLICIES: Approved first reading of policies related to prohibition of harassment, intimidation and bullying, and the use of tobacco and nicotine substances. Unanimous.
- SCHOLARSHIP: Sherrie Flaman, representing the Dayton AAUW, told the board the organization is offering a scholarship for a female student to attend the Cougar Quest leadership camp at Washington State University. Applications are available from school principals, and are due Monday.
- MEETING CHANGE: Due to student presentations, the Jan. 19 board meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m.