- GARFIELD COUNTY: Learned the county will now pay emergency services costs for both the county and the city.
- LIBRARY: Discussed agreement between the city and Garfield County regarding the library. The county no longer wants to be responsible for lawn maintenance. The council directed Gould to review the contract with county commissioners.
- HAZARD MITIGATION: Adopted resolution declaring support and adoption of the Southeast Washington Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan. Unanimous.
- BUDGET: Passed ordinance amending the 2010 budget to balance some accounts. Unanimous.
- NUISANCE: Agreed the Jan. 11 deadline for nuisance abatement could be extended due to bad winter weather conditions. Individuals in violation of the ordinance were informed by letter of the ordinance and their need to respond or comply.
- CEMETERY: Discussed consequences of not requiring vaults or grave liners at the city cemetery, including sinking problems and issues about who lowers caskets into the graves. Referred matter to the cemetery committee (Hunt and Newberg). Deputy City Clerk Lori Slaybaugh will check on current costs of vaults. Learned the Shepherd Foundation grant will be used to help hire part time summer help at the cemetery.
- SLEDDING: Learned sledding continues to be allowed on the golf course.