WALLA WALLA - The Walla Walla County Traffic Safety will recognize 10 individuals and three groups with Safety Awards for 2010, as part of its annual Awards and Recognition luncheon on Jan. 20.
Recipients were chosen for their contributions to traffic safety and DUI awareness in Walla Walla County. They are:
- Katie Christianson and Kathryn Southwick Hess - Good Samaritan Award.
- E-Street Driving - Business Leadership Award.
- Ruthy Elliott - Citizen Activist.
- Blue Mt. Community Church - Community Program Leadership.
- Rep. Maureen Walsh - Legislative Leadership.
- Walla Walla Union-Bulletin - Media Awareness.
- Mark Higgins - Educational Outreach.
- Paul Elliott - Youth Initiative.
- Trooper Joe Klundt - Law Enforcement.
- Nina Conn - Public Health.
- Gary Bainter and Mike Humphreys - Super Star Award.
Awards will also go to the top DUI arresting officer from each local law enforcement agency for 2010. Speakers from the DUI Victim Impact Panel and volunteers and sponsors of Tipsy Taxi will also be recognized.
The luncheon will be at the Masonic Center, 607 E. Main St., from 12-1:30 p.m. Catering will be by "A Chef's Creation," and entertainment will be the Sharpstein Elementary Choir.
The luncheon is open to the public. Reservations are required and can be made by calling the Traffic Safety Task Force at 524-2936 or by e-mailing Nancy Walters at email@example.com by Jan. 13. Cost of the luncheon is $13 per person.