Members of the City Council are Christine Broughton, Kathy Berg, Merle Jackson, Terry Herrin, Charlie Button, Jim Cooper and Bill Graham. Mayor is Craig George. With Jackson absent Monday the council:
- PUBLIC HEARING: Took no action following a public hearing on Columbia Rural Electric Association's application for a public right of way use permit for utility improvement policies. There were many public comments during the hearing.
- MORATORIUM: Following a public hearing on a proposed ordinance to impose a moratorium on acceptance of applications for permits to enter the city's right of ways, specifically applicable to permits for the installation of new facilities, approved the moratorium for no longer than 90 days. Unanimous.
- FRANCHISES: Approved ordinances granting non-exclusive electric utility franchises and general utility easements to Pacificorp and to Columbia Rural Electric Association. Unanimous.
- APPOINTMENTS: Affired the mayor's reappointment of Ginny Butler and Jim McCary to the Historic Preservation Commission. Unanimous.
- LIQUOR LICENSES: Took no action meaning there were no objections to applications for a special occasion liquor license by the Dayton Chamber of Commerce and a renewal application by Woody's Bar and Grill.