Pomeroy School District Board members are Paul Ruark, Lori Slaybaugh, Steve Carlson, Bart Gingerich and Ed Sullivan. With Carlson and Ruark absent Monday the board:
- GRADUATE: Gabrielle Des Jardin was recognized by the board as a graduate of Pataha Creek Alternative School.
- FACILITIES: Heard an update on the Junior-Senior High School modernization from the Design West project team. The team had met with school officials earlier in the month by phone, to discuss what a shelter in place facility would need for use by the American Red Cross in case of a disaster. Board members received a copy of the Environmental Impact Statement for the modernization. Learned construction documents are proceeding on schedule.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned enrollment is 311 for the yearly average, comfortably above the 295 students the budget is based on. There are 120 students in high school, 51 in junior high, 45 in grades 5-6, 28 in fourth grade, 57 in grades 1-3 and 20 half-time kindergartners.
- BOARD DATES: Set Feb. 9 and Feb. 23 as dates for February board meetings. Both meetings will be at 7 p.m.
- FINANCES: Learned there is about $777,000 in the general fund, $103,000 in ASB fund, $1.45 million in the capital projects fund, and $72,000 in the transportation fund. About $319,000 was spent in January, which included $235,000 in debt service.
- SUPERINTENDENT: Learned an interlocal agreement is being drafted to allow holding Running Start classes on the high school campus. Also learned an addendum to the agreement with the Port of Garfield and the City of Pomeroy regarding the baseball field is being drafted.