Members of the Columbia County Health System board of directors are Ted Paterson, Lisa Naylor, Jack Otterson, Jim Kime and Blaine Bickelhaupt. With all present Thursday the board:
- FINANCES: Learned the district ended the year a bit above budget. Learned the billing company HRG is working on sending out bills to help get past due bills collected.
- AUDITS: Learned the state auditor's exit conference will be in mid-February, and the district's CPA firm will begin an accounting audit at the end of February.
- COMMITTEES: Reappointed Jim Kime and Blaine Bickelhaupt to the finance committee. Lisa Naylor was appointed to the quality committee, and Ted Paterson will serve on the foundation committee.
- REHABILITATION: Rehabilitation Department Director Christina Johanson told the board about the physical therapy and occupational therapy units. She discussed staffing and growth seen in the department.
- MEANINGFUL USE: Discussed meaningful use status. The district will use July 1 as the start date to demonstrate use of the new information system in order to qualify for incentive payments in 2012.
- STAFFING: Learned Dr. Andrew Park began work about two weeks ago at the Columbia Family Clinic, and occupational therapist Abby Schraeder will begin Feb. 3.
- STATE BUDGET: Discussed how state budget cuts may impact hospital. District officials are monitoring the budget to gauge possible effects on the district.
- LOAN: Learned a $150,000 loan from Columbia Rural Electric Association had been approved, but the district has not received terms of the loan. The funds will be used for expansion of the emergency room.