WAITSBURG -- Two goats died in a barn fire at 1035 Bolles Road reported about noon Saturday.
Officials believe a heat lamp started the fire. Two other goats were rescued.
Firefighters were able to retrieve most of the tack equipment from the barn, but other items, including hay were a total loss, Columbia County Fire District 2/Waitsburg Chief Jim Callahan said this morning.
Owners of the goats and horses in a pasture outside the barn do not live at the address, but had been at the barn caring for the animals earlier in the day. One of the goats that died was due to give birth Saturday, Callahan said.
Columbia County Fire District 3 also responded to the fire.