- MODERNIZATION: Met with architect Sam Gregg who represented Design West regarding the constructability review of the Junior-Senior High modernization project. Learned the bid walk-through is July 19, with bid opening set for Aug. 2. Six sets of plans have been sent to contractors. Gregg said 20 contractors are anticipated for the walk-through.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Learned the State Board of Education approved the district's request for a waiver for three days of professional development.
- CONSTRUCTABILITY REVIEW: Passed resolution approving the constructability review. Unanimous.
- PROJECT COSTS: Reviewed budget for relocation during construction. Costs will include wear and tear at the Christian and Nazarene churches, food services and modular classrooms. Another cost will be transportation to Dayton for basketball games. Cost for athletics relocation is estimated at $6,000.
- BUDGET: Discussed 2011-2012 budget. The district expects to have $480,000 in cash on hand to cover expenses during the modernization. About $200,000 will go to rental of buildings for classrooms during the project. The board discussed possibly purchasing a Suburban to use for transporting meals to temporary locations, rather than a food services truck. Although cost of the Suburban would be greater ($30,000 compared to $6,000 to $8,000) the district could use the Suburban for transportation in the future.
- STAFFING: Approved hiring of Dan Lewis as bus driver. Following an executive session, approved winter and spring coaches' intents with the exception of JV girls' basketball coach. Unanimous for all.
- HIGHLY CAPABLE: Approved continuing highly capable program, with a one day per week pullout for grades 4, 5 and 6. Unanimous.
- FUEL AND FOOD: Accepted bid from Franz Bakery to provide bread for the food service program, and Meadow Gold to provide milk. Coleman Oil's bids for bulk fuel and fuel oil were accepted. Unanimous for all.
- SURPLUS: Approved list of items to be sold as surplus. The items will be disposed of in a garage sale July 26 from 1 to 7 p.m. Some surplus fixtures, such as shelving and cabinets, will be sold by bid. Unanimous.