Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With Reeves absent Monday, commissioners:
- FRANCHISE: Following a public hearing on a franchise agreement for the city of Dayton to operate a water and sewer utility in county right-of-way, approved the agreement. Unanimous.
- FAIR: Columbia County Fair Manager Shane Laib requested permission for a beer garden that would be operated by Dayton Days Inc. during the bull bash. Commissioners approved the proposal but no formal action was taken.
- HEALTH: Reviewed 2009 health assessment with Public Health Department personnel.
- BLUE MOUNTAIN COUNSELING: Approved contract with Blue Mountain Counseling for administrative services. Unanimous.
- PROSECUTOR: Postponed discussion with Prosecutor Rea Culwell regarding proposed budget amendment until next meeting.
- EXTENSION: Learned the Extension office administrative assistant is leaving, and Extension Agent Paul Carter will be hiring a replacement.