- RALLY AMERICA: Met May 23 with John Forspring of Rally America. Discussed list of roads the rally will use. Approved road rally for Sept. 23-25. Unanimous.
- AGREEMENT: Signed agreement May 23 with Scarsella Brothers Inc. of Seattle for the Peola Road Project. Scarsella's bid was $3.9 million. According to the agreement the project will begin by June 13 and be completed within 180 days. Also signed a resolution setting the temporary speed limit on Dutch Flat Road during the project on Peola Road. Unanimous. Traffic will be diverted to Dutch Flat Road during construction.
- PUBLIC HEARING: Held public hearing May 23 on application by landowners Brian Allen and Thomas Allen to change classification from open space to farm and agricultural conservation land. Commissioners approved the classification change. Unanimous.
- GOOD PRACTICE: Learned the county was granted a Certificate of Good Practice from the County Road Administration Board. The certificate allows the county to be eligible for state and federal funding for roads.
- RIGHT OF WAY: Approved resolution May 31 setting $250 as minimum the county will pay for purchase of land for right of way. Unanimous.
- FAIRGROUNDS: Discussed speed limit within the fairgrounds with Sheriff Ben Heller. Discussed changing to 15 mph. Currently the speed limit posted is 25 mph. Commissioners will discuss the proposal again June 6.
- COURTHOUSE: Discussed items that are not completed that affect the sheriff's office. Set open house of the renovated Courthouse June 24 from 1 to 3 p.m. Offices will move into the building June 16-17. Signed change orders totaling $13,550 for the renovation project. The orders include replacing glass, replacing a basement window and hardware for doors and windows. Unanimous.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Designated the Southeast Washington Economic Development Association as the Associate Development Organization for Garfield County. Unanimous.