Members of the Dayton School Board are Steve Martin, Marchand Hovrud, Tamara Fritze, Joe Huether and David Bailey. With Martin absent Wednesday:
- PERSONNEL: Accepted resignation of Dawn McGhan as Camp Wooten director and Scott Hudson as high school girls basketball coach. Unanimous.
- REVIEW: Discussed district goal "The Dayton School District will continue to emphasize academic excellence." Discussion included definition of academic excellence and how to measure it.
- SPRING SPORTS: Learned turnout for spring sports includes 14 for track, 11 for baseball, 19 for softball and 12 for golf.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING: Learned the Strategic Plan meeting has been changed to March 25 from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the Delany Building. The public is invited to attend.
- ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: Heard report from principal Katie Leid. The fifth grade ski program was a huge success, she said. Upcoming events include an art contest, the PTSO book fair that begins today; and Hoops and Jumps for Heart March 24-25. In April June Riley will make an anti-cyber bullying presentation, and the annual speech contest is scheduled in April.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: Learned from Leid that the middle school lock-in is June 9, and Spirit Week is March 14-18. There is a dance Friday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Seven students attended a 1-day leadership retreat in Richland.