- BIDS: Opened bids for 390 tons of CRS-2P chip seal coat oil and for rock crushing. Bidders on the oil were Western States Asphalt, Inc., Spokane $645 per ton and Idaho Asphalt Supply Inc., Hauser, Idaho, $600.52 per ton. Rock crushing bidders were Konen Rock Crushing, Inc., Dayton and DeAtley Crushing Company, Lewiston, Idaho. Konen's bid was $3.42 per ton on 45,000 tons of not;aelig;-inch maintenance rock, $3.96 per ton for 5,000 tons of chips, and $12,500 for mobilization, for a total of $186,200. DeAtley's bid was $3.74 per ton for the not;aelig;-inch rock, $4 per ton for the 3/8-inch chips, and $1,000 for mobilization, for a total of $189,300. Commissioners referred the bids to the county engineer for a recommendation.
- CLOSED SESSION: Met in executive session with county engineer to review applications for road department secretary/bookkeeper.
- CONTRACT: Signed $4,400 contract with Karl A. Low for risk management services for Garfield County. There is no change from the 2010 contract. Unanimous.
- LEGISLATIVE BILL: Reviewed bill related to hunting cougar with dogs, received from Columbia County commissioners.
- COURTHOUSE: Reviewed contracts for courthouse renovation. There have been 24 change orders so far. The current list totals $85,000.