- FINANCES: Learned revenue was down in February. Patient volume was lower than usual, and contractual expenses were high. Contractual allowances were about $200,000 above budget. Also learned the revenue cycle is at 89 days out which is down from a peak of 121 days three months ago. Approved warrants, write-offs, and collections. Unanimous.
- CONTRACT: Approved long-term contract with HRG of Spokane of billing services. The district previously used the firm on a temporary basis. Unanimous.
- MEANINGFUL USE: Heard a report on the progress towards a three-month demonstration of the meaningful use of the new electronic records system. The demonstration will qualify the district for incentive payments after 2011.
- QUALITY AND INFECTION CONTROL: Discussed quality inspection plan, which will be ready for board approval in April. Also learned infection control is currently emphasizing hand washing, and working on tuberculosis testing for staff.
- UPDATES: Learned there is very little staff turnover. The only position that is open is for a lab technologist. A traveling lab technician is filling the need now. Also learned the hospital is working with Kadlec Medical Center in Richland to conduct a Human Resources "Boot Camp" to train some of the staff in human resources.
- PROMOTIONAL PLAN: Discussed ways to promote the district's services, including a new flyer to inform the community about current activities, and services offered.
- CONTRACT: Following an executive session, voted to renew CEO Charlie Button's contract for one year. Unanimous.