- CURRICULUM: On the recommendation of teacher Toddette McGreevy, decided to update current textbook for ninth and tenth grades. The text is "Elements of Literature" by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Cost will be about $5,400. Unanimous.
- ASB: Associated Student Body representative Mitch Ruchert, reported that the track team participated in a meet in Clarkston, the campaign for ASB officers is in progress, with voting April 1. There will be an alumni basketball game this weekend, donkey basketball Monday. Some English students are on a field trip to Ashland, Ore., and an advance biology trip is scheduled for April 19-23.
- MODERNIZATION: Learned the 60 per cent construction document review with the architect was held Monday. The project is going fine as far as design is concerned, superintendent Kim Spacek said. Spacek will meet with one of the groups for temporary housing to get a sense of how much it will cost to house students off site during the modernization.
- ENROLLMENT/STAFFING: Discussed 2011-2012 enrollment and budget. Students expected for next year are 9 for kindergarten, 54 in grades 1-3; 21 in grade 4; 45 in grades 5-6, 46 in grades 7-8, and 115 in grades 9-12. The budget will be based on 290.5 full time equivalent students, although the actual anticipated enrollment is 311.5 FTE.
- POLICIES: Approved policies related to special education and related services for eligible students, and jury duty and subpoena leave. Unanimous.
- BUDGET: Discussed 2011-2012 budget and input and feedback received as of March 24. Priorities for the budget are likely to be: maintaining current course offerings in both buildings and staff to go with them; curriculum; professional development; technology; and athletic programs.
- RETIRE/REHIRE: Reviewed the district's retire/rehire policy. The district is planning to rehire math teacher Tim Burt, who retires at the end of the current school year.
- DATES: Selected April board meeting dates. The board will meet at 7 p.m. April 14 and 28.
- PERSONNEL: Following an executive session, approved hiring Eddy Bartlow as assistant track coach. Unanimous.