- STREET CLOSURES: Approved closing Seventh Street between the alley and Columbia Street for a wedding reception between 6 p.m. July 8 to 10 p.m. July 9. Also approved closure of 7th from Main to Columba and Columbia from Sixth to Eighth streets from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. June 10 for the Wine Stein and Shine event. Unanimous for both.
- FLOOD ISSUE: Garfield County Emergency Management director Kris Darby told the council there is a potential flood threat between 24th and 25th streets. He recommended cleaning the area out after brush is burned.
- SKATE PARK: In response to question by Chuck Cook, Gould said the city has been actively searching for funds for a skate park and other needed equipment in the City Park. Cook offered to help look for funding.
- POOL: Confirmed hiring of Brielle Hocking, Erica Carlson, Maria Meyers, Brenna Monahan, Makenzie Monahan and Jeremy Burke as 2011 lifeguards. Unanimous. Opening date is the afternoon of June 10, depending on weather conditions.
- GARDEN: Received a planting diagram from Lisa Lund detailing raised beds, shrubs, composting and proposed utility shed for the community garden. The garden is located at Second and Pataha streets.
- TREE: Authorized up to $2,000 for removal of a dangerous tree in Pee Wee Park. Unanimous.
- PAY GRADE: Authorized compensation by one pay grade effective June 1 for Kenny Landkammer and Mike Lockard for passing the Cross Connection Control course. Unanimous.
- SLAB: Learned the concrete slab at the wastewater treatment plant is complete, and composting is expected to begin next week.