Board members are Don Miller, chair; Duane Geyer, vice-chair; Dennis Burks, Tim McElrath, Sharee LaRue-Wright, George Gillette and Ken Sloan. With Gillette, Sloan and LaRue-Wright absent Tuesday, the board:
- SCIENCE: Approved summer science camp trip to Camp Wooten, July 15-18. Unanimous.
- DONATIONS: Accepted donation from Pam Milleson for two pole vault poles, valued at $750, for Mac-Hi's track program; and donations from various businesses for Grove Elementary's carnival. Unanimous.
- POLICIES: Approved eight district board policies, revisions and new. Unanimous.
- PERSONNEL: Accepted resignation from Valerie Baird as language arts teacher; and resignation to retire from Jim Reger. Reger will continue as a rehire for one year, with a shortened work contract. Unanimous.
- BUDGET: The budget committee will meet May 17 at 6 p.m. in the Mac-Hi science room for its preliminary meeting.