Members of the Waitsburg School Board are Ross Hamann, Marilyn Johnson, Terry Jacoy, Randy Pearson and Greg Zuger. With all present Wednesday the board:
- BUDGET: Learned the district continues to maintain a strong reserve.
- AUDIT: Learned state and federal audit showed the district in compliance with rules and regulations.
- ONLINE LEARNING: Heard a report on a proposed consortium with ESD 123 to provide online courses to students in the district, in addition to what is offered in the classroom.
- WRESTLING: Approved adding wresting to W-P winter sports calendar, with consideration given to travel required. Surveys indicate 30 students not now involved in winter sports in Waitsburg and Prescott schools would participate in wrestling. Unanimous.
- RESOLUTIONS: Approved a resolution to request a waiver from the minimum 180 day school year to a 178-day year. Also approved a resolution delegating authority to Washington Interscholastic Athletic Association. Unanimous for both.
- CALENDAR: Approved the calendar for 2011-2012. The first day of school will be Sept. 6, and the last day June 13, 2012. The calendar provides for a 2-week Christmas break and one week in April for spring break. Unanimous.