Members of the Prescott School Board are Erik Young, Sara Fletcher, Pam Stueckle, Eva Madrigal and Karen Tonne. With Madrigal absent Thursday the board:
- LEVY: Discussed purpose of the maintenance and operation levy, assessed valuation of property in the school district now and in 2009, when a levy was last run. Board members also discussed whether to increase the levy. The board will continue discussion and possibly take action on whether to run a levy Feb. 14 at the November meeting.
- COLLABORATION: Heard a report on collaboration days, held every other week and combined with a late start with students. The sessions have gone well, Superintendent Bill Jordan said.
- SCORES: Reviewed Map test scores from a year ago, last spring and this fall. A study of scores of students who attended summer school showed they increased scores in the fall testing.
- LEGISLATURE: Discussed Legislature session that opens Nov. 28, and the possible impacts of the governor's budget reduction proposals on the district. Depending on how cuts are applied, Prescott is most like to be affected by reduction of equalization funds, bus depreciation changes, class size increases, and revision of the state attendance policy, Jordan said.
- WP COMBINE: Learned all is going well. The football and soccer teams are in playoff games this week, and the volleyball team is in district competition.
- PERSONNEL: Approved hiring Jeff Foertsch for middle school basketball coach, and Jason Just as Sophomore advisor. Unanimous.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned enrollment for Prescot is 208, with the budget based at 195 full-time equivalent. Overall enrollment for Prescott, Vista Hermosa and Jubiliee is 340 full time equivalent.
- AGREEMENT: Signed Running Start agreement for 2011-2012 with Walla Walla Community College. Unanimous.
- POLICY: Reviewed policy related to Title I parent involvement.