- EVALUATION PROJECT: Discussed process of learning about participation in a pilot evaluation project for teachers and principals.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE: Legislators Maureen Walsh and Terry Nealey, and Mike Hewitt's assistant Barrett Pryce visited the district Nov. 3. Superintendent Carol Clarke said they met with the senior class, and toured buildings. School staff told them they wanted them to have faces of the students in their heads when they met for the special legislative session. Clarke told the board the visitors all commented on the warm, productive welcoming environment they saw in the school.
- M&O LEVY: Set a special board meeting for Dec. 7 to discuss the M&O levy.
- PERKINS APPLICATION: Approved the Perkins (5-year) grant application plan. Unanimous.
- AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: Review and approve 5-year Affirmative Action Plan. Unanimous.
- PERSONNEL: Accepted the resignation of high school assistant wrestling coach James Garrison and middle school head football coach Jim Leid. Approved hiring Jeff Foertsch as middle school head boys' basketball coach and middle school assistant girls' basketball coach. Also approved hiring Dan Groom, middle school assistant boys' basketball coach; Karen Huwe, middle school head girls' basketball coach; Jerry Baker, high school head girls' basketball coach; Angie Potts, high school assistant girls' basketball coach; T J Scott, high school head boys basketball coach, and John Mason, high school assistant boys' basketball coach. Also approved hiring Brittany Zuger as high school assistant girls' basketball coach and Jay Potts as high school assistant boys' basketball coach. Zuger's and Jay Potts' hiring are contingent on at least 30 athletes and "C" squad schedule. Unanimous for all.
- RESOLUTION: Approved resolution to allow newly elected board member Christy House to attend annual Washington State School Directors Association conference. Unanimous.