Thursday afternoon fire damages Dixie home

Advertisement

DIXIE -- A Thursday afternoon fire caused close to $50,000 in damage, forcing the occupants temporally out of their home.

The fire at 292 First St. was called in around 3:35 p.m. and was centered around a back porch and laundry room area, according to District 8 Fire Chief Bob Clendaniel.

According to county records, the property is owned by Lawrence L. Price.

Clendaniel said the family would be able to occupy the house again after a safety inspection was passed.

The cause is believed to be electrical, he added.

Mutual aid came from Fire District 4 and the City of Walla Walla Fire Department.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

Click here to sign in