Members of the Athena-Weston School Board are Preston Winn, Trenda Nichols, Rod Bonifer, Eric Quaempts, Duane Smalley, Scott Rogers, Joshua Henningsen. With Quaempts absent Monday the board:
- AUDIT: Learned the district received a clean annual audit report.
- TRACK: Discussed track project with Tom Munk, chair of the Track Project Committee. The district has the go-ahead to seek grants for the facility. So far $60,000 has been secured in grant funding. The next step will be surveying the proposed site to get a true cost estimate of the project.
- FIELD TRIPS: Approved seventh-grade science field trip to OMSI and the Portland Zoo, and an eighth-grade field trip to Portland, Salem and the Oregon Coast. Unanimous for both.
- LUNCH PROGRAM: Approved a new process for serving food to students. The "offer" program gives students some choices in what food items they take at lunchtime, rather than providing each student with identical servings. Unanimous.
- PERSONNEL: Approved Kati Funderburk, David Duncan and Tiffany Cain as girls high school basketball volunteers. Unanimous.
- PROPERTY SALE: Accepted an offer from the Oregon Department of Transportation to purchase a strip of land in front of the high school for improvements on Highway 334. The board also approved a temporary easement during construction. Unanimous.