Members of the Dayton School Board are Steve Martin, Marchand Hovrud, Tamara Fritze, Joe Huether and David Bailey. With all present Wednesday:
- LEVY: Discussed levy proposals in a public information meeting before the board meeting, and again during the board meeting. The board is considering seeking a 4-year $1.3 million replacement maintenance and operation levy and a capital projects levy. The components of the capital projects levy could include up to $180,000 for high school gym bleachers, up to $100,000 for technology, $40,000 to $50,000 for an asphalt playground covering, and $110,000 for irrigation systems for the campus and the athletic complex. Estimated cost per $1,000 assessed valuation for the M amp; O levy is $2.31. If the board decides to seek money for all the proposed capital projects, the estimated tax rate per $1,000 assess valuation would be $.79.
- STRATEGIC PLAN: The board decided not to approve a contract with a company to write a strategic plan. Instead the board will write the plan themselves.
- POLICIES: Held second reading on policy related to graduation requirements.
- DONATION: Accepted $500 from boosters for high school baseball. Unanimous.
- NEXT MEETING: The board's next meeting is Dec. 7.