- LEVY: Discussed proposed replacement maintenance and operation levy. An amount has not been determined for the new one-year levy. With the present assessed value of county property at $318 million the estimated tax in 2013 on the current levy would be $2.07 per $1,000 assessed valuation, Superintendent Kim Spacek said. When the levy was advertised a year ago, it the rate was estimated at $2.78 per $1,000 assessed valuation.
- ASB: Wyat Jenkins and Mitch Ruchert told the board about recent school activities, and noted that the volleyball team was in district play, and the cross country team placed 15th in state competition. The football team will play at Edgar Brown Stadium in Pasco at 3 p.m. Saturday. They also said winter sports practice started Monday.
- REWARD: Learned the district received $1,500 from the WEA Select Health Management Group. Districts with a certain percentage of employees enrolled in the program were placed in a random drawing, and Pomeroy was picked as a winner. The money will be used in the general fund, Spacek said.
- FACILITIES: Toured the Junior-Senior High School building to view remodeling progress. The board passed a resolution saying they were interested in applying for an energy grant. Unanimous.
- INCENTIVE: Approved a Pacific Power incentive agreement, which provides a rebate on the building project for energy efficiency measures. Unanimous.
- CLOSED SESSION: Met in executive session to discuss personnel.
- NEXT MEETING: The next board meeting is Nov. 28.