Here is a roundup of alternatives to the classic door-to-door treat rustling Monday evening:
- YMCA Slides-Halloween Spooktacular. 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday, October 31 at YMCA, 340 S. Park St., Walla Walla. Free event featuring prizes, games and crafts. Costumes encouraged.
- Trick or treat. 3-6 p.m. Downtown Walla Walla businesses. For children. Info: 509-529-8755.
- Harvest Carnival. 3:30-5:30 p.m. First Presbyterian Church of Walla Walla, 325 S. First Ave. A kid-friendly afternoon of old fashioned carnival style games. Puppet show, candy, costumes, treats and fun. Info: 509-525-1093.
- Halloween Trunk-or-Treat. 5-7 p.m. Ace Hardware parking lot, 11 N. Columbia St., Milton-Freewater Elementary school-age children and younger welcome.
- Trunk-or-Treat. 5-7 p.m. Walla Walla High School, 800 Abbott Road. In the science parking lot. Treats from decorated cars, haunted barn. Admission: two cans of food for donation to the Christian Aid Center food bank.
- Trick or Treat, 6-7 p.m. Milton-Freewater Health and Rehabilitation, 120 Elzora St. 509-541-9938.
- Walla Walla corn maze. Thursdays, 6-10 p.m.; Fridays 6-11 p.m.; Saturdays, 2-11 p.m.; Sundays 4-9 p.m. 853 Five Mile Road. Oct. 27-31. $8 trip, all ages. Parental discretion for those under age 12. Info: 509-525-4798.