The Port of Walla Walla's three commissioners oversee the executive director and have set his salary at nearly $160,000 per year. That salary is higher than Washington state's attorney general, all 174 Superior Court judges and over three times our state legislators' salary. No question, the Port director is extremely well compensated by our commissioners.
The bigger question is, why did the Port commissioners fail to address alleged concerns about unprofessional behavior?
What our current Port commissioners might have done through their mismanagement is to put the Port into a very precarious, very costly position. If this were a publicly-traded company, stockholders would be outraged. In this case, it is taxpayers who should be outraged.
More like this story
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Oversight by Port management poor
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Mike Fredrickson is wise choice for Port commissioner
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - The truth is Port is doing well
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Airport is front door for new business
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Corkrum cares about our environment