Yes, even though he does not live in Walla Walla, people from all around this community came to support this hometown hero who has a hero's courage and courageous smile.
To look at him, you would not know anything was wrong. But after reading the bio of his pathway challenge, oh - howdy - he truly has courage beyond belief and he is what we call a hero.
Everyone makes mistakes, but when that mistake costs more than money, the true friends come out of the clouds to give a helping hand. Oct. 8 was an landmark night for this Valley ... we come out to support one of our own who was hurting. That is what is great about our community, we help when help is needed.
So many helping hands made this gathering of friends so successful. To be just a small part helped me believe in this community and Valley. Way to go Walla Walla, Lowden, Touchet, Waitsburg and, of course .Milton-Freewater.
Todd Munden, may the Lord speed your recovery in lightning fast mode.
R. T. Swanson
More like this story
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Fred Mitchell has experience needed
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Bickelhaupt should be re-elected to Columbia Hospital Board
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Cummins works for the city and Southeastern Washington
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Corkrum cares about our environment
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Campaigning at fundraiser inappropriate