Pomeroy School District Board members are Paul Ruark, Lori Slaybaugh, Steve Carlson, Bart Gingerich and Ed Sullivan. With Carlson absent Monday the board:
- ASB: High school students Mitch Ruchert and Wyat Jenkins told the board volleyball is starting this week, the first football game will be next week, and students enrolled in the WWCC English course at PHS are going to Ashland for four days. The students said temporary facilities seem workable, and the 90-minute block schedule is going well.
- TITLE I: Hear a report on how the Title I program is operated in Dayton. Title I is a federal program that supplements core reading and math programs for students who are struggling.
- CORRESPONDENCE: Received a thank-you note from a teacher who appreciated the district paying for six hours work to unpack for the move to temporary classrooms. Also had a congratulatory note from legislator Susan Fagan, regarding the district's 100 percent graduation rate.
- FACILITIES: Learned the Junior-Senior High School Modernization project is on target for contract with Leoni and Keeble Inc. to be signed Sept. 1. Work is expected to begin Sept. 6. Approved policy related to project supervision. Unanimous.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned September enrollment is estimated at 297.
- BOARD DATES: Set board dates for Sept. 13 and Sept. 26. Unanimous.