Board members are Jim Lehmann, president; Max Carrera, vice-president; Dan Hess, Cindy Meyer and Anne Golden. With Hess absent Tuesday, the board:
- POLICY: Approved board policy 6882 concerning the sale of real property. Unanimous.
- AMENDED: Approved an amended agenda, which removed an action item on the district's strategic plan for 2011-15. The board will consider approval of the plan at a later meeting, following a work session on it. Unanimous.
- INSURANCE: Approved a resolution that will allow district employees to secure self-insured vision and dental plans, at a savings to them. Unanimous.
- ENROLLMENT: Heard preliminary enrollment figures from superintendent Mick Miller. Student head-count appears to be about 100 students less than last year, or about 6,100 students. Official enrollment counts will be Thursday.
- BILLS: Approved payment of bills from general fund for $779,743.93; capital projects for $300,056.32; associated student body fund for $985.94. August payroll was $4,028,016.70; estimated Sept. payroll is $4.1 million. Unanimous.
- HIRES: Approved hiring Yasmin Bahena as temporary bilingual kindergarten teacher at Green Park; Dan Coffee as part-time Title I specialist at Sharpstein; Cheryl Thonney as temporary part-time Title I specialist at Blue Ridge; and 16 classified employees at schools and facilities.
- RESIGN: Accepted resignations from Maryelyn Hebel, administrative assistant in curriculum department; and Luciana Herrera, intervention specialist at Pioneer Middle School. Herrera worked for the district 19 years. Unanimous.