- MODERNIZATION: Learned construction meetings on Junior-Senior High School modernization project are every Wednesday at 11 a.m. The city is doing the permitting and the county is conduction inspections. Substantial completion is expected by July 17, 2012.
- COMMUNTY HEALTH: Heard report from Superintendent Kim Spacek about a recent meeting of the Community Health and Prevention Advisory Board. Members of the board said they appreciated that the school reconstruction project was going well, and that alternative classroom sites were enabling students to continue to learn.
- ASB: Mitch Ruchert and Wyat Jenkins told the board about school activities. They noted there is no school Thursday and Friday due to professional development for staff Thursday, and the first day of the Garfield County Fair Friday.
- STRATEGIC PLAN: Postponed approval of the strategic plan until the Sept. 26 meeting. The board decided to add to the plan the commitment to work on communication throughout the district.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned enrollment is about 304 students. The budget is based on 290 students.
- PERSONNEL: Following an executive session approved rehiring Doug LaMunyon as assistant high school football coach. Also approved hiring of Kelly Knevel as assistant junior high school girls basketball coach and Sandy Anderson as junior high gym supervisor. Discussed open head girls' softball coach position. Unanimous for all.