Walla Walla City Council members are Jim Barrow, Conrado Cavazos, Jerry Cummins, Dominick Elia, Shane Laib, Fred Mitchell and Mayor Barbara Clark. Cavazos and Mitchell were absent at the Wednesday meeting. The Council voted as follows:
- CARBON CREDITS: Authorize contract to allow OneEnergy Renewables to market and sell the city's excess carbon credits from Sudbury Road Landfill Area 6. Unanimous.
- Birch and Poplar Streets: Authorize sewer replacement bid award to Premier Excavation, Inc. for $256,593. Unanimous.
- Cherry Street and 13th Avenue: Authorize contract with Anderson-Perry amp; Associates, Inc. for survey and design for $106,025. Unanimous.
- Edith and Carrie avenues: Accepts CDC grant for street, sidewalk and fire protection improvements for $995,520. Unanimous.
- Valley Transit: Authorizes contract to permit right-of-way to Valley Transit to construct and maintain four passenger waiting shelters. Unanimous.
- Brent's Street: Public hearing for vacation of Brent's Street and the alley within Barron's addition. Tabled.
- AMBULANCE EQUIPMENT PURCHASE: Authorize purchase of four powered cots from Stryker for $50,147. Unanimous.