Council member are Kevin House, Orville Branson, Marty Dunn, Karl Newell and Scott Nettles. Mayor is Walt Gobel. With all present Wednesday the council:
- PLANNING COMMISSION: Appointed Karen Gregutt and KC Kuykendall to the city planning commission. Unanimous.
- AGREEMENT: Approved amendment to interlocal agreement with Walla Walla County regarding low income housing funds distribution. Unanimous.
- RAILWAY LINE: Tabled discussion disposing of abandoned rails until further information is available.
- HISTORIC PRESERVATION: Approved ordinance related to historic preservation code updates. Proposed changes include applying the code only to the portion of buildings that face Main Street, changing the fee structure, and applying the code for minor repairs such as paint touch-up. Unanimous.
- ABATEMENT CODE: Approved ordinance updating abatement code to disconnect city utility services if there is noncompliance with city ordinances, with an amendment to continue service for residents who needed water for a medical reason. Vote was 4-1 with Nettles voting no.
- SOLID WASTE: Approved ordinance related to solid waste code updates. Unanimous.
- CLERK-TREASURER: Discussed proposal to add "administrator" to clerk-treasurer Randy Hinchliffe's title. An administrator would more authority in the city, under the direction of the mayor.
- CLOSED SESSION: Met in executive session to discuss potential litigation. No action followed the session.