- Whitman College Cordiner Hall, 46 S. Park St. Two speakers taken from storage area. Value $900.
- 1100 block of Alvarado Terrace, Thursday 7 a.m. Attempted burglary interrupted when intruder was discovered by occupant of house.
- 100 block of Bonsella Street, Wednesday 8 a.m. Burglary interrupted by occupant of house. Suspect fled with jewelry and small case.
- 100 block of S. Main Street, Thursday. Small compressor taken from residence.
- 100 block of N. Columbia Street, Thursday. Wallet taken.
- 100 block of NE Sixth Avenue, Thursday. Vehicle taken.
- 400 block of Preston Avenue, Tuesday, 2-4 a.m. A woman reported she was the victim of a serious domestic assault, in which she was assaulted numerous times, struck with various items and verbally threatened with death. A male suspect was arrested Tuesday on investigation of second-degree assault, a felony.
- Lower Waitsburg Road, 2 miles north of Ferris Road, Aug. 5, 1:33 a.m. Single vehicle rollover with injuries to driver. James Richardson, 28, of Waitsburg was the only occupant of a 2004 Nissan Exterra when he drove his vehicle off the road, rolling it at least one time into a ditch. Richardson was assisted by a neighbor until EMTs arrived. His injuries were not reported.
- Brandie Marie Nettles, 24, 126 Jay St. Charge: investigation of driving under the influence.
- Joseph Gregory, 35, 1912 S. Third Ave. Charge: investigation of driving under the influence.
- Travis Scott Richardson, 32, 415 Preston Ave., Waitsburg. Charge: Investigation of second-degree assault.
- Paul James Hergesheimer, 65, of Ferndale, Wash. Charge: investigation of driving under the influence.
- Jeff Shumway, 28, of Milton-Freewater. Charge: investigation of Umatilla County Warrant.
Fire, Ambulance runs
- 53595 Appleton Road, Thursday at noon. Shed fire with an estimated $30,000 in damage. Flames reported 10-15 feet. Cause was a controlled burn that spread when a gust of wind hit. Two vehicles were destroyed in the fire. No injuries were reported. Mutual aid was provide by Milton-Freewater Fire Department.
- 594 Powell St., Waitsburg, Monday 12:16 p.m. Fire on porch near cigarette butt holder. No residents home at time. Neighbor noticed fire and put it out with a garden house. Damage to porch, siding and living room. No cause reported.
More like this story
4 free views left!