- 300 block of Ash Street. Items reported stolen from apartment, including cell phone, medical syringes and $3,400 cash.
- 500 block of Edith Street. A dvd player and $800 cash reported stolen from bedroom.
- 500 block of Pleasant Street. A Polaris ATV reported stolen.
- 000 block of North Campbell Road. An 11-year-old girl alerted her father to a burglar attempting to enter a home via the living room window. The father gave chase, and provided a description of the home-breaker to law enforcement.
- Touchet High School, 90 Champion Street, Touchet. A teacher reported her wallet stolen from her classroom.
- 800 block of Perkins Street. Tools reportedly stolen.
- 400 block of Bundy Hollow Road, Dayton. Scrap metal reportedly stolen.
- 800 block of South Fourth Street, Dayton. Two men fighting in the street: one arrested.
- Myra and Poplar streets, 4:31 p.m., Wednesday. Two vehicle collision: minor injuries reported.
- Second Avenue and Morton Street, 7:02 a.m., Wednesday. A Benton City motorist struck Stanley Unger, 81, who was walking in the crosswalk on Second Avenue. Unger, whom police say has a history of walking into traffic without looking, was taken to Providence St. Mary Medical Center for injuries including a broken arm and fractured skull, according to a police report. Unger was listed as in serious but stable condition this morning.
- Joe A. Johnson, 73, 513 S. Third Avenue, Wednesday. Charge: investigation of driving while intoxicated.
- Walla Walla County Jail, 300 W. Alder St., Wednesday. A jail staff member mistakenly gave food items to the wrong inmate when the 6-foot man passed himself off as a fellow inmate, listed as 5 feet 8 inches. The swindler and his cellmates consumed a “chicken cup,” a “spicy chicken cup,” a “beef cup,” instant refried beans, tea, a strawberry fig bar, chili, tortillas, Flaming Hot Cheetos and spicy pork skins. The alleged con artist was charged more than $46 for the fraud when jail staff discovered their error.
- Cache Hollow Road, Milton-Freewater, 10:22 p.m. Wednesday. A concerned citizen reported “there is a light in the sky that is red, blue and green that is flashing, and in the middle there is a white light.” Dispatchers stated “the reporting party is watching it through binoculars. It has not moved for 30 minutes,” before losing contact with the caller.
More like this story
4 free views left!