Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With Jones absent Wednesday:
- PUBLIC WORKS: Opened bid to supply chemicals in 2012 from Wilbur-Ellis, the only bidder. The bid was for $82,281, and commissioners referred it to the county engineer for review and recommendations.
- BRIDGE: Heard an update on the negotiations with Columbia County Grain Growers regarding use of the Starbuck Bridge on the Kellogg Hollow Road for transporting grain. The bridge load limit cannot accommodate two grain trucks at the same time. Options are to either post the bridge as one lane or post a weight restriction.
- FRANCHISE: Decided to hold a public hearing on a franchise renewal for Inland Power and Light on March 21. The utility company has lines along the Garfield/Columbia county line in the vicinity of Oliphant Ridge and Archer Road. Unanimous.
- PUBLIC HEALTH: Learned Sherie Huwe has been hired as the a family resource coordinator, and Delphine Bailey's job has been reclassified as a peer mentor program coordinator. Approved a coordinated prevention grant. Unanimous.
- HOMELAND SECURITY: Approved a fiscal year 2011 Homeland Security grant. Unanimous.
- HOMELESS GRANT: Met with Steve Moss and Kathy Covey of Blue Mountain Action council to discuss consolidated homeless grant.
- PUBLIC DEFENSE: Signed contract with the state office of Public Defense for public defense funding. Unanimous.