Pomeroy City Council members are Dennis Gillis, James Fuchs, and Donna Hunt. One seat is vacant. Mayor is G. Paul Miller. With all present Tuesday:
- NEW MEMBER: Following an executive session to review qualifications of candidates for a vacant Council position, members selected Kaye Carlson to fill the position. The four candidates were W. Lee Bingman, David Boyer, Kaye Carlson and Marvin Jones, Sr. Boyer and Carlson each received two votes, with Miller breaking the tie by voting for Carlson. She was sworn in following the vote.
- LIGHTING PROJECT: Discussed project with representatives from Riedesel Engineering. Learned plans are to be submitted to Roger Arms at WSDOT and that Grant Morgan will complete environmental requirements of the project. A revised cost estimate and plans was distributed to council members.
- GRANT: Discussed availability of a grant from USDA Rural Development to upgrade the city's Small System Water Management Plan to a Water System Plan. The Department of Health informed the city the upgrade is necessary if the city continues to serve the Zumwalt users. Council authorized Michelle Bly of Progressive Engineering to pursue funding sources and submit applications for grants.
- TRAINING: Miller and Hunt attended the elected officials training session in Kennewick. Miller recommended council members consider attending future sessions.
- BALL FIELD: Learned the Port District owns the land, the city owns the restrooms and the school district uses the ball field facilities. Miller met with school superintendent Kim Spacek, but has not met with the Port District concerning changes to the lease agreement recommended by the city's attorney.
- TERMINATION: Voted to notify Garfield County Commissioners the city is terminating involvement with the Combined Board of Adjustment. Unanimous.