Members of the Waitsburg School Board are Ross Hamann, Marilyn Johnson, Christy House, Randy Pearson and Greg Zuger. With Zuger absent Wednesday the board:
- WEB DESIGN: Viewed three brochures created by students in the Desktop Public Class. The brochures were prepared by students Nartin Garrison, Zach Bartlow and Hailey Goenen to describe high school courses. High school staff will review the brochures and select one to use. LaVerne Obenhouse teaches the class.
- SKILLS CENTER: Heard an update on the status of the proposed regional skills center to be built in Walla Walla. The area schools involved have signed letters of support, and the project will now go to the legislature for funding, Superintendent Carol Clarke told the board.
- PRESS BOX: Decided to meet Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. to discuss the athletic field electrical system. The Lions Club and Booster Club have funds available to construct a press box at the field, but the project requires electricity for lighting and heat. The press box will include four rooms with access via a catwalk.
- SNOW DAY: Approved designating March 1 to make up the day missed due to snow conditions Jan. 19. Unanimous.
- PERSONNEL: Accepted the resignations of high school assistant track and field coaches Leslie Stockton and James Harrison, and assistant high school baseball coach Tony Scott. Approved hiring Sarah Heimbigner as assistant high school softball coach. Unanimous for all.